Monday, May 11, 2009

What stands out for you?

The Story of stuff and the slide show on the issues of sustainability

Why did you choose this/these?

I chose the story of stuff because it realy shows the whole process of what is hapening to the environment and how unsustainable the world is. I chose the slide show because I found it interesting the ammount of food different people around the world consume and how unfair it seemed.

How did you react or respond to the experience?

I was amazed by the fact that in the story of stuff it explained that someone accualy came up with this way of living and wanted people to consume the way they do now purly for profit. it was very interesting.

What caused you to react this way? What surprised you about your reaction?

Just that I had no idea how seriously one thing effected another to make such a huge impact on both people and the environment. I was supprised by how the story of stuff made me realise how important stuff is to me and what effect consuming and wasting so quickly has on the environment, also it made me see if something is cheap someone someware is paying for it.

What did you learn from the experience?
see above.

What were the critical moments for you?
the consumption part of the story of stuff

What have you discovered about your attitudes, prejudices, opinions on this subject?
That I didnt pay enough attention to how much i consume

What is holding you back from engaging in the learning?
nothing

What motivates you to learn?
About sustainability- the fact that learning about sustainability makes me more aware of what I am doing to help (or not) the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment